We’ve all had our fair share of chores when we were kids. My mother’s rule has always been if the countertop doesn’t sparkle, then you haven’t finished cleaning!
Granite makes for a fantastic countertop but it’s actually difficult to clean because the stone is porous. You have to clean it often and ensure that stains are wiped away before they have a chance to set in.
If you aren’t able to clean your countertops right away, then follow the steps below to avoid permanent stains:
1. Use Bar Keepers Friend Granite & Stone Cleaner & Polish
2. Spray the cleaner evenly on the surface of the countertop
3. Let it sit for about 1 minute
4. Using a non-abrasive mesh sponge, rub the surface lightly
5. Wipe clean and dry
6. Polish with a microfibre cloth or paper towel.
7. Repeat as needed.
You should now have a sparkly, good as new granite countertop!
The first article appeared here.